Hi, Thanks for visiting my website. My name is Will and if you have questions
or would like to
contribute projects or ideas you can contact me
How to Make a Stop Motion Animation with a Diorama
This tutorial shows you some basic tricks and techniques for making a stop motion animation by using a diorama. This is a World War 2 diorama that I made and it is part of a series of tutorials on how to make a WW2 diorama. If you are interested in making a diorama like this the tutorial begins here: How to Make a WW2 diorama
Here are some of the important point I cover in the video
1. Lighting: It is very important that you have very bright lighting. You should take a few pictures first and then look at them on the computer to see if the pictures look good. You will lose some of the light when the animation is put together. Add extra lights if needed. I use a fluorescent light that is only about three feet above the diorama.
2. Keep the Camera within the world of the diorama: This will maintain the reality of the scene.
3. Changing the Camera angle: This is a little bit advanced. If you are an absolute beginner you might want to just lock the camera in one place and take all the pictures that way. But if you want an animation that is more interesting, and more professional, you should try changing the camera angle. And if you have the ability, like I have with the tripod, you can try slowly moving the camera.
4. Be creative: I use a very thin and clear colored thread to slide the anti tank projectile so it flies through the air. I also use the same thread to move the tank as it explodes. Be creative and try using different things to achieve some great special effects.
5. Write a story: This is very important because when it comes down to it the story is the most important thing. It doesn't have to be a complex story but it has to be interesting. In the case of this tutorial we find out that the Tiger Tank is in for an ambush.
Stopmotion is an incredibly fun, hands-on way to make amazing films, using simple software, inexpensive equipment, and stuff that's already lying around your house. Stopmotion Explosion will have you making your first stopmotion film within minutes of picking up the book. It's that easy!
This kit contains everything needed to create amazing high-definition stop motion films. Fun for all ages and experience levels! Video tutorial access included.
Learn techniques for animating LEGO®, action figures, toys, clay, and many other materials. Build your own custom armatures and movie sets.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 & OS X 7.1+ supported.
Includes 720p HD video camera with internal microphone, manual focus, and clip, Stopmotion Explosion book, animation software, quick-start guide, sound effects and more!
Learn how to create stop motion explosions, gunfire, laser blasters, lightsabers and rocket-launch effects. Add voices, sound effects and music to your films with video editing instructions for Windows & OS X.
Secrets Of Clay Animation Revealed 3!
Secrets of Clay Animation Revealed 3 is a book teaching all methods the experts use to make stop motion films from start to finish. After reading Secrets you will know how to create several types of armatures, learn how puppets are sculpted, make a motion control rig, light your sets, make your own surface gages, use video reference, chroma key, capture programs and more.
Do you like making projects and exploring a variety of hobbies?
Sign up for my free newsletter. I give you regular updates on hobbies and projects you can make. it is totally free and I don't share your email with anybody.